Senko Funeral Home



I have seen this place so many times, day after day. It is such a landmark in Williamsburg, and a relic of the old neighborhood that I always loved. The way the afternoon light hit the cement bricks did this great thing when people walked by - casting their long shadow way before they got there. I could watch it for hours.

My friend Carlos had his funeral there today. Across the street is where I met him at the cafe 9 or 10 years ago. He saw Senko everyday, too - passing by saying hi to friends, with his girl, at dawn after Rubulad, whatever. It's really a shame, he was 29. The whole old school crowd came out to pay their respects and it was good to see all the familiar faces. RIP Carlos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful image, Rose—thanks for posting. Korchin

Naomi White said...

These are beautiful, and so sad. I'm sorry for your loss.

"You never lose anything; not really. Things, people, they go away sooner or later. You can't hold them any more than you can hold the moonlight. But if they touched you, if they're inside of you, then they're still yours." ~ anonymous

Alice Jones said...

Thanks for this great posting. These images are really cool and beautiful.

I am sorry to your loss. I felt very sad. I appreciate your work.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin